The Random – Wolverine 2, Marco Polo, Green Lantern, The Shadow, The Smurfs, De Niro in Dark Fields, Jackman in Selma, Rachel McAdams gets a Woody, Splice
Posted by LiveFor on March 4, 2010
- Screenwriter Christopher McQuarrie (X-Men, The Usual Suspects) has finished his draft of the Wolverine sequel, which he began writing in August. Shooting is currently expected to commence in January of 2011. It is going to be set in Japan and no word yet on who will direct although Hugh Jackman will be back as Logan. I just hope the claws are better than the first film.
- Francis Lawrence (“I Am Legend,” “Constantine) will direct a feature about Marco Polo for Warner Bros. Pictures reports Variety – More fantasy/adventure epic than serious biopic drama, the film will be most set in “the Orient of our imagination”
- Test shooting on the Green Lantern has started shooting in New Orleans. Apparantly it involves a stunt car.
- David Slade (30 Days of Night) could direct the Sam Raimi produced film adaptation of classic pulp character The Shadow at 20th Century Fox reports Latino Review.
- Dr Horrible himself, Neil Patrick Harris, is to be the live action star in The Smurfs movie. I feel slightly more interested in the project…but only a little.
- Robert De Niro joins Bradley Cooper in The Dark Fields. The film is about ‘a down-and-out Gotham writer (Cooper) who comes into possession of a designer drug that gives him newfound intelligence and success‘. According to Variety, De Niro will be playing the role of the brilliant financial mogul that’s chasing after Bradley Cooper’s character. The film will begin shooting in May in Philadelphia.
- Hugh Jackman will be starring in Selma to be directed by Lee Daniels (Precious). Deadline previously reported that Robert De Niro was on board to play Alabama Governor George Wallace in the film, which is about the historic march from Selma to the state capital in Montgomery.
- Rachel McAdams has signed on to co-star in Woody Allen’s next project. Production of the still untitled film is to begin this summer, likely with a 2011 release date in mind. Owen Wilson and Carla Bruni-Sarkozy are also starring in it.
- Vincenzo Natali’s Sci-fi creature feature, Splice, is to be released on 4th June. Looks like the studio are pushing this to be a big Summer film.