Posts Tagged ‘Daredevil’
Posted by LiveFor on April 27, 2010
This is very cool.
What if… HBO created a TV show with the Marvel characters (cast as we know them) set 100 years ago? Using footage of actors such as Hugh Jackman, Tobey Maguire, Robert Downey Jr and many more from period piece movies, this video is an LXG-style mock-up of a concept I’ve had for a while. I’ve even included an opening scene for added effect.
Footage from: Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Elektra, Seabiscuit Marie Antoinette, Shakespeare In Love, Iron Man, The Illusionist, The Incredible Hulk, Australia, HBO Rome and the trailers for Sherlock Holmes, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, The Sorcercer’s Apprentice.
*Music by Immediiate Music – ‘Slay The Dragon’
*Notes: Everytime I see a CBM actor in a turn-of-the-century; Victorian Era; Period piece movie, I think ‘wouldn’t it be cool to put them into a trailer or TV show where they’re all humble heroes back then?’ Well, this vid is designed to do just that. Being thoughtful to the background of each shot, I used another smorgasbord of resources to offer another ‘alternative vision’ to this fun genre.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I did making it!
Posted in Action, Comic, Film, Mashup | Tagged: Cool, Daredevil, Ghost Rider, HBO, Iron Man, Mashup | Leave a Comment »
Posted by LiveFor on April 21, 2010
Posted in Art, Comic, Film, news, Poster | Tagged: Art, Captain America, Comic, Cool, Daredevil, Dr Strange, Incredible Hulk, Poster, Rogan josh, superman, Thor | Leave a Comment »
Posted by LiveFor on April 18, 2010
Oh I miss not getting as many comics as I used to. I’ve lost touch with what has been happening with loads of them which is a shame. I had heard that Daredevil had taken over the running of the ninja clan The Hand.
Now, in a Marvel event called Shadowland the Man Without Fear is bringing the Hand back to New York city and it looks like it could be epic.
Shadowland will be a five issue mini-series written by Andy Diggle and drawn by Billy Tan (he did the excellent cover at the top. According to The Weekly Crisis (cool comic site) last few issues of his main title we know that construction has already begun on the monumental fortress that will be Shadowland.
In the picture above we can also see what other heroes are going to be involved – Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Punisher, Moon Knight, Ghost Rider, Elektra, Misty Knight, Bullseye.
Really sounds like it could be a great event.
Anyone, want to bring us up to speed on the recent events in Daredevil?
Posted in Art, Comic, news | Tagged: Andy Diggle, Art, Billy Tan, Bullseye, Comic, Daredevil, Elektra, Ghost Rider, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Misty Knight, Moon Knight, news, punisher, Spider-Man, Wolverine | Leave a Comment »
Posted by LiveFor on February 9, 2010
- Bill Murray has sort of confirmed the rumour started by Sigourney Weaver a while back, “I’ll come back in Ghostbusters III only if I get to be a ghost,” said Murray in a new interview “I said to them, ‘I’ll do it if you kill me off in the first reel.’ So now they are going to have me as a ghost in the film.” I just think he is taking the piss.
- Marvel’s Daredevil will get another chance on the big screen as David Scarpa, the man who wrote the recent remake of The Day The Earth Stood Still is writing a new DD script….doesn’t fill me with much hope that the character will get the treatment he deserves. The main reason for the reboot is that Fox’s rights to the character would revert back to Marvel if they didn’t make it.Will Jason Statham be Matt Murdock?
- Jack Bauer may be heading to the big screen for a 24 film. Still early days, but Kiefer Sutherland is up for it and Billy Ray (Shattered Glass, Breach) has pitched the studios about it. Would be set in Europe, but I have to say what’s the point of taking a series that is set over a day and condensing it into a 2 hour action film?
- Steven Soderbergh has another film in the works called Contagion. According to The Playlist, Matt Damon, Kate Winslet, Marion Cotillard and Jude Law have all started negotiations to star in the film, which is written by The Informant! screenwriter Scott Z Burns. It’ll follow multiple plotlines across four continents as a virus begins to spread, and terrifying events follow.
- Sony Pictures and Lionsgate bid on the rights for the Terminator franchise. However, according to Deadline, Halcyon Holding Corp accepted the $29.5 million bid from the debtholder which pushed it into bankruptcy, Santa Barbara-based hedge fund Pacificor. (This is the same Pacificor whom Halcyon accused in a lawsuit of extortion, bribery, and fraud and demanded $30M in damages.)
- Cate Blanchett will join Saoirse Ronan and Eric Bana in Hanna. The Joe Wright-directed Focus Features drama that casts Ronan as a 14-year old assassin.
- Amber Tamblyn will play the female lead opposite James Franco in 127 Hours. The Danny Boyle film about Aron Ralston, the mountain climber who cut off his arm with a dull knife to save his life after being unable to free the limb from under a boulder. Tamblyn will play his girlfriend, with their relationship played out in flashbacks that keep him going.
- Mia Wasikowska (Alice in Wonderland) has landed the title role of Jane Eyre, the Cary Fukunaga (sin Nombre) directed adaptation of the Charlotte Bronte novel.
- Sam Worthington (Avatar, Clash of the Titans) has signed on to star in Ami Canaan Mann’s very dark thriller The Fields reports Production Weekly. Based on a true story, Worthington would play a homicide detective from Texas investigating a strong of unsolved murders amidst the oil refineries in the state’s south-east with the help of a peer from New York.
- On the progress of the Thomas Crown Affair sequel, actor Pierce Brosnan said this week that “We’ve got the fourth script in and this is the closest we’ve gotten in structure to making sense. It’s very very hard. Now we have the character, it’s not really fleshed out, so we have to work on him, Mr. Crown, and her, Miss Moore, another affair, more art, but it has to be an unexpected surprise”
Posted in Film, news | Tagged: 24, Amber Tamblyn, Bill Murray, Cate Blanchett, Comic, Contagion, Danny Boyle, Daredevil, Ghostbusters 3, Hanna, James Franco, Jane Eyre, Jude Law, Kate Winslet, Kiefer Sutherland, Marion Cotillard, Matt Damon, Mia Wasikowska, news, remake, Sam Worthington, Steven Soderbergh, Terminator, The Fields, The Random, Thomas Crown Affair 2 | Leave a Comment »
Posted by LiveFor on September 8, 2009
Remember last week when I posted the news that Guillermo del Toro would be producing a Deadman film based on the exploits of DC Comics character Boston Brand? What am I talking about. This is the internet you don’t need to remember anything. It’s all there at the click of a mouse. Go read and come back….good. Here we go then.
The Deadman film is meant to be directed by Nikolaj Arcel. The thought was that it would be getting done, along with his Frankenstein film and numerous other projects once the big task of The Hobbit was all done and dusted.
Then the mighty Filmstalker drew my attention to this post that del Toro left on TheOneRing.net:
In a few days there will be a BIG announcement (big for me, at least) that is not-Hobbit related. BEFORE anyone starts wondering the usual “how does he have time?, Is this detracting form The Hobbit?” etc It is a project that started over 2 years ago, before The Hobbit and will render fruits in the mid-term, not intruding on my Hobbit duties. Rest assured. The key letter is “D”
The letter D…the obvious one is Deadman, but I don’t think he started that over two years ago. The other options are Dr Strange (which would be amazing in the hands of del Toro), Drood, Daredevil, and whatever else you can think of with D. Maybe Tenacious D?
I reckon it will be Deadman or Dr Strange, probably the latter as that’s been talked about for a few years and Marvel being bought by Disney means another D, but only time will tell. I am surprised that he is going to whack out a quick film before The Hobbit is finished. He sure loves keeping busy.
What D do you think it will be? If Deadman I could see Doug Jones playing him, but if it is Dr Strange then who could be the right actor for that?
This post is brought to you with the letter D and the number 7. Now off to Sesame Street.
Posted in Action, Comic, Film, news, rumour | Tagged: Comic, Daredevil, Deadman, Doug Jones, Dr Strange, Drood, Frankenstein, guillermo del toro, news, Nikolaj Arcel, rumour, Tenacious D, The Hobbit | 2 Comments »
Posted by LiveFor on September 1, 2009
While Disney lays down a $4 billion bet on the future of Marvel’s superheroes, 20th Century Fox has already begun overhauling one of its big Marvel franchises, Fantastic Four, to take the property beyond the two films already made.
Akiva Goldsman has been hired to oversee the reboot as producer. Michael Green, the co-exec producer of TV’s “Heroes” who co-wrote “Green Lantern,” will write the script for the new “Fantastic Four.”
Fox wouldn’t comment on its plans, but the moves are evidence that Marvel franchises do have enduring lifespans.
The 2005 “Fantastic Four” and 2007 sequel “Rise of the Silver Surfer” were directed by Tim Story and starred Ioan Gruffudd, Jessica Alba, Chris Evans and Michael Chiklis. Since the deals for the reboot are just getting made, it is unclear if any of them will return.
Though Marvel Entertainment owns and finances properties like “Iron Man” and “Thor,” Fox controls “Fantastic Four” in perpetuity — as long as it continues making the films. Fox has the same arrangement on Marvel Comics properties “X-Men,” “Daredevil” and “Silver Surfer.” Marvel is a producer and financial participant through a licensing agreement.
Though the related Silver Surfer character (played by Doug Jones) soared in the “Fantastic Four” sequel, that iconic personality has remained a priority project for his own film at the studio.
Fox has so far done one “X-Men” spinoff in “Wolverine.” The studio is working on a sequel to that film and has scripts for “X-Men Origins: First Class,” and “X-Men Origins: Magneto.” Potential spinoffs for the Gambit and Deadpool characters have also been discussed.
As producer, Goldsman is involved with several DC Comics transfers, including “Jonah Hex,” “The Losers” and “Teen Titans.” He was also producer of the Will Smith-Charlize Theron superhero film “Hancock,” for which a sequel is being developed.
Is this a knee jerk reaction to the Disney Marvel team-up? Looks as if they’ll keep churning out the films so they can keep the name. The Teen Titans as a live action film? First I have heard of that one.
Posted in Action, Comic, Film, news | Tagged: Comic, Daredevil, Disney, Fantastic Four, Fox, Hancock, Jonah Hex, news, Silver Surfer, Teen Titans, The Losers, Thor, Wolverine | Leave a Comment »
Posted by LiveFor on May 24, 2009
It is possible that Fox may be setting up to reboot the Daredevil franchise, with none other than Katee Sackhoff (Battlestar Galactica) set to play Typhoid Mary, an enemy and former lover of Daredevil.
Los Angeles-based Golden Apple Comics is reporting that Sackhoff recently came in and grabbed every comic should could find featuring Typhoid Mary.
So we got a little visit in our comic shop last week by Katee Sackhoff, also known as Starbuck for her role on BSG. She proceeded to grab all the Typhoid Mary comics we had and has hopes to get a part for a marvel movie…
I mentioned back in August last year that Jason Statham, with the backing of Frank Miller, wanted to play Daredevil. I could see the Stath as Daredevil (his past as a high diver would help), but not his alter-ego Matt Murdock.
However, Typhoid Mary also cropped up quite a bit in the Deadpool comics. Now we all know that Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool has been given the go ahead for a film so maybe Mary will crop up in there.
I personally feel that Kate as Mary is actually a very good fit. Her time as the messed up character in the short lived Bionic Woman show shows she can act a bit mental and she was always great in Galactica.
Typhoid Mary is an enemy and former lover of Daredevil with low level psionic powers, including telekinesis. She has been employed by organized crime syndicates as an assassin in the past. She is also truly and gravely mentally ill.
Her condition was revealed to have been accidentally caused by a pre-Daredevil Matt Murdock. He had tracked a villain down to the brothel where Mary worked. He attacked the man, but to his surprise, the girls working there came at him. Panicking, he lashed out, knocking Mary out the window. It was at this moment Mary became Typhoid Mary, vowing no man would ever hurt her again. In later appearances, however, she would imply that she was a victim of child abuse.
Suffering from dissociative identity disorder, Mary Walker has two other abnormal personalities in addition to her seemingly healthy one. Her “Mary” personality is a timid, quiet, pacifist; her “Typhoid” personality is adventurous, lustful, and violent; and her “Bloody Mary” persona is brutal, sadistic, and hates all men. Mary once claimed that there was a fourth personality, who is ‘lost,’ but it has not since been mentioned. Aside from highly developed martial arts skills, Walker also possesses telekinetic powers and, more dangerously, pyrokinesis, the ability to set people or objects in her immediate vicinity aflame. -Wikipedia
Of course this is all very much a rumour.
So Deadpool or Daredevil? Which film do you think Mary may be starring in? If it is a Daredevil reboot who would you like to see throw the billy-club? Do you think Sackhoff would make a good Typhoid Mary?
Discuss in the forum or leave a comment below.
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged: Battlestar Galactica, Comic, Daredevil, Deadpool, Frank Miller, Jason Statham, Katee Sackhoff, news, rumour, Ryan Reynolds, Typhoid Mary | 2 Comments »
Posted by LiveFor on April 28, 2009
IESB recently spoke to Fox Co-Chairman, Tom Rothman about a whole host of things.
Regarding a possible Alien prequel, “There’s been some talk. Ridley Scott, Ridley is right now working on Robin Hood, but I think he’s toying with the idea and that would be great for us. I mean, it’s always been a matter of, really, if you can get the originator to do it that would be the greatest thing, so I’ve got my fingers crossed, all of them.”
Interesting indeed. How cool would that be to have Scott back on the Alien universe. Would we finally get to find out some more about the Space Jockey and how his ship crashed.
He also talked about Robert Rodriguez’ Predators (and the fact that he has been given total control of the franchise), Daredevil, Avatar at Comic Con, Fan Four and the new Wolverine film.
Check out the full interview over on IESB.
Do you want another Ridley Scott Alien film? What would you like to see in a prequel? Should there be a definitive origin to the Alien?
Leave a comment on this post below.
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged: Alien, Avatar, Daredevil, news, Predators, Ridley Scott, robert rodriguez, Robin Hood, Tom Rothman, Wolverine | Leave a Comment »
Posted by LiveFor on April 9, 2009
This isn’t the not very good Jennifer Garner version. This is a short film made by fans of the comic book character.
When crime lord, Kingpin, orders a hit on Daredevil, he sends his two best assassins: Elektra and Bullseye. But in a quarrel over who gets to collect and take out the Man without fear, Bullseye ultimately slays Elektra with her own Sai. Now, after a painful ressurrection from the mysterious ninja force known as, the Hand, Elektra returns from the grave to finish her mission and KILL Daredevil.
This is the first Marvel fan film produced by Chris .R. Notarile of Blinky Productions.
Source: Fan Cinema Today
Check out Fan Cinema Today as they have an amazing amount of cool Fan made films. Inspiring stuff for the filmmaker in all of us.
Leave a comment on this post below.
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged: Blinky Productions, Bullseye, Chris Notarile, Daredevil, Elektra, fan film, Jennifer Garner | Leave a Comment »
Posted by LiveFor on March 13, 2009
AICN have a source on the inside who has the following news about various Marvel films. I really like the fact that a father and son may be playing a father and son in Thor and Favreau directing The Avengers is great news. It will bring a lot of consistency into the big screen Marvel Universe. That also explains the recent shuffling around of the various release dates for the films. Fingers crossed that most of these things actually happen. Still not sure about Hartnett as Loki though.
-Avengers is delayed a year because of financing issues but also because the plan is for Favreau to helm it. Everybody here loves the guy and he wants to do it, but it would have been impossible for him to do before the date change given his Iron Man 2 commitments. Also partly the reason why he agreed to do the Stark sequel on such an accelerated schedule was so he could get given first dibs on this. It would still be a punishing schedule for him, so hes not firmly confirmed yet, but he is certainly the presumptive director at this point.
- Iron Man starts rehearsals in a few days, which is why the casting is finally coming together so quickly.
-Alexander Skargard is indeed Branagh’s favorite to play Thor as some sites are reporting. If all goes well and it happens then we hope to get Stellan Skarsgard for Odin (though at present Odin is only a very small cameo part in this movie).
-Loki will probably be played by Hartnett, if his pay negotiations work out. All the commentary about him wanting to do a Ledger and play a villain is B.S. though – WE APPROACHED HARTNETT because Branagh’s a big fan of the Othello adaptation O where Hartnett played Iago who is very similar character wise to how he sees Loki.
- Fox is serious about doing remakes of Daredevil and FF. They have to make new movies with these characters every few years because otherwise the options will revert to us. This point is kinda obvious but Im not sure people realise it –I haven’t seen anybody pointing it out anywhere. The mood around here is pretty negative about Rothman’s potential to execute these properties properly, (Im sure you know why it might be particularly negative at the moment) but we are all hoping his recent promotion will mean hes kept away from direct control of these movies.
What are your thoughts on all that? Happy to hear Favreau could be directing The Avengers? Who would want to play Daredevil?
Leave a comment on this post below.
HOME – Discuss in the Forum
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged: Alexander Skarsgard, Avengers, Comic, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Iron Man, Jon Favreau, Josh Hartnett, Kenneth Branagh, Marvel Studios, news, remake, sequel, Stellan Skarsgard, Thor | 2 Comments »