Posted by LiveFor on April 1, 2010
It is April 1st so it may be possible one or two of these tales have fooled me.
- Edgar Wright and Pixar may be teaming up to bring Marvel’s miniscule Avenger, Ant-Man, to the big screen according to JoBlo.
- Leonardo DiCaprio may play J Edgar Hoover in Spielberg’s biopic of the FBI chief. The actor is also in talks to play Travis McGee, the detective beach bum, in an adaption of John D MacDonalds book, The Deep Blue GoodBye. Oliver Stone is down to direct.
- Joss Whedon (Buffy, Dollhouse, Firefly) may be on the shortlist to direct The Avengers movie. Shiny! That would be very cool. First Showing have more.
- Kal Penn may be back for the third Harold and Kumar film – A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas. Apparently his job at the White House is almost at an end.
- The Playlist have had a look at the script for Steven Soderbergh’s Contagion.- – ”…if you took the breadth and scope of “Traffic” or “Syriana,” tidied up the writing, and found a subject matter that terrified you relentlessly for two hours, you’d have something close to Contagion…clearly done an enormous amount of research, and it’s thoroughly, horrifyingly conceivable throughout, but it’s also as much about the way that information can spread virally in the Web 2.0 age, as it is about the spread of the virus. Burns ties these dual themes together in the final pages, the two dovetailing in a hugely satisfying way.”
Posted in Film, news | Tagged: Ant-Man, Book, Comic, Contagion, Edgar Wright, Harold and Kumar, Hoover, Joss Whedon, Kal Penn, Leonardo DiCaprio, news, Oliver Stone, Pixar, Steven Soderbergh, The Avengers, The Deep Blue Goodbye, The Random | Leave a Comment »
Posted by LiveFor on January 28, 2010
Emerging from a lengthy prison stint, Gordon Gekko (Michael Douglas) finds himself on the outside of a world he once dominated. Looking to repair his damaged relationship with his daughter (Carey Mulligan), Gekko forms an alliance with her fiancé Jacob (Shia LaBeouf), and Jacob begins to see him as a father figure. But Jacob learns the hard way that Gekko – still a master manipulator and player – is after something very different from redemption.
I was never really a fan of the first film so I am not sure if I like the look of this or not.
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged: Carey Mulligan, Michael Douglas, Oliver Stone, shia labeouf, Trailer, Wall Street | Leave a Comment »
Posted by LiveFor on January 15, 2010
Vanity Fair have a preview of some lovely photos by the incredible Annie Leibovitz for Oliver Stone’s Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps.
First Showing have an update on the plot – Gekko (Michael Douglas) meets up with the “hungry young hedge-funder” Jake Moore (Shia LaBeouf) who is also dating Gekko’s estranged daughter Winnie (Carey Mulligan – Doctor Who, An Education). Jake believes that his boss (Josh Brolin) somehow had a hand in the death of Jake’s mentor and they go after revenge.
Posted in Film, news, Photos, Thriller | Tagged: Annie Leibovitz, Carey Mulligan, Josh Brolin, Michael Douglas, news, Oliver Stone, Photos, sequel, shia labeouf, Wall Street 2 | 2 Comments »
Posted by LiveFor on October 8, 2009
MovieWeb found some more on-set images of Shia LaBeouf and Michael Douglas from Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps, which is currently filming and set for a 23rd April 2010 release. Click on the images below to see the full set of images from this Oliver Stone sequel.
Posted in Film, news, Photos | Tagged: Michael Douglas, news, Oliver Stone, Photo, sequel, shia labeouf, Wall Street 2 | 1 Comment »
Posted by LiveFor on September 25, 2009
Here is good old corporate banker Gordon Gekko (Michael Douglas)being freed from prison in the Wall Street sequel.
The scene was shot outside Sing Sing maximum security prison in New York state.
Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps, which also features the return of Sheen’s character, opens two decades later with Gekko being freed from federal prison.
Jacob, played by Shia LaBeouf, partners with the disgraced corporate raider for a mission to alert the financial community to the impending credit crisis.
Josh Brolin, Frank Langella and Susan Sarandon have all signed up.
Directed by Oliver Stone Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps is expected to be released in April 2010.
Thanks to Andy M for sending me the pic.
Source: Daily Mail
Posted in Film, news, Photos | Tagged: Frank Langella, Josh Brolin, Michael Douglas, Oliver Stone, sequel, shia labeouf, Susan Sarandon, Wall Street 2 | Leave a Comment »
Posted by LiveFor on April 30, 2009
Michael Douglas officially announces on Ellen that there be a Wall Street sequel, Wall Street 2. Oliver Stone will once again direct the film and the remaining cast has not yet been announced, but should be shortly.
Leave a comment on this post below.
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged: Michael Douglas, news, Oliver Stone, Wall Street 2 | Leave a Comment »
Posted by LiveFor on December 5, 2008
Movieweb spoke to Will Smith and Rosario Dawson about their work on Seven Pounds. However, during the conversation Dawson let slip that Smith may be playing Obama at some point.
Smith said that he was definitely considering playing the president elect sometime in the future, and then remarked that his ears made him a lock for the role. It’s a joke he has shared many times. He explained that a Barack Obama biopic excited him because the film, “Already has one heck of an ending!” For anyone that is expecting to see this within the next couple of years might have to hold their breath, though. If Mr. Smith has it his way, he’d want to wait eight years before producing and starring in a film about America’s first black president. He also commented that he’d want to wait until at least six months after Obama was out of office before releasing it, which he felt should have been done with Oliver Stone’s W.
Will Smith as Obama? Good thing or bad thing?
Home / Forum / Guestbook
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged: Barack Obama, biopic, news, Oliver Stone, Rosario Dawson, Seven Pounds, W., Will Smith | Leave a Comment »