The Goonies – 25th Anniversary Special Event
Posted by LiveFor on February 20, 2010
Eager to revisit secret caves, treacherous traps and hidden treasure, fans will gather in historic Astoria, Ore., to celebrate the anniversary of the cult classic film “The Goonies” June 4-7, 2010. Over the four-day event, Goonies lovers can retrace the steps of characters in the film by touring filming locations including the famous “Goonies House,” bowl at “Chunk’s Bowling Alley” and more, including a possibility to mingle with original cast members.
As part of the 25th anniversary festivities, the new Oregon Film Museum will open its doors for the first time. Converted from the old Clatsop County Jail featured in “The Goonies,” the museum is dedicated to preserving and celebrating the art and legacy of Oregon films and film-making. One of the many highlights is a special exhibit in the actual jail cell from, “The Goonies,” as well as stories, mementos and props from famous movies made in Astoria and across Oregon, such as “Kindergarten Cop,” “Animal House,” “Twilight” and more.
“The Goonies” 25th Anniversary
Friday – Monday, June 4 – 7, 2010
Weekend events include:
* Bus tours of filming sites, including an interior tour of the Goonies House
* Stars from the movie signing autographs and meeting fans during meet and greet sessions and a VIP dinner, along with local residents sharing memories from being on set
* Black carpet event and showing of “The Goonies” at the Liberty Theater on Friday, plus additional movie showings throughout the weekend at other local theaters
* “Truffle Shuffle” 5k Run/Walk
* An 80s night out in downtown Astoria with costume contests, music, bowling at “Chunk’s Bowling Alley” and more
* A “Goonies” themed concert at Warren Field
* Hand-crafted “Goonies” beers created by local breweries
* The new Oregon Film Museum and “Goonies” exhibit
* An Ecola Park picnic with fans and cast members in nearby Cannon Beach
Visit http://www.oldoregon.com/visitor-info/entry/goonies-never-say-die for complete event details. Official memorabilia, including t-shirts, hats, glassware, collectible doubloons and more, will be available at the event.