Posted by LiveFor on January 7, 2010
James Franco is a very busy man. Not only is he starring in the US soap General Hospital he has been working away on the medieval comedy, Your Highness, with Danny McBride, Natalie Portman and Zooey Deschanel. It is directed by David Gordon Green and you can see a photo of them above.
Throughout history, tales of chivalry have burnished the legends of brave, handsome knights who rescue fair damsels, slay dragons and conquer evil. But behind many a hero is a good-for-nothing younger brother trying just to stay out of the way of those dragons, evil and trouble in general. Danny McBride and James Franco team up for an epic comedy adventure set in a fantastical world–Your Highness. As two princes on a daring mission to save their land, they must rescue the heir apparent’s fiancée before their kingdom is destroyed.
Thadeous (McBride) has spent his life watching his perfect older brother Fabious (Franco) embark upon valiant journeys and win the hearts of his people. Tired of being passed over for adventure, adoration and the throne, he’s settled for a life of wizard’s weed, hard booze and easy maidens. But when Fabious’ bride-to-be, Belladonna (Zooey Deschanel), gets kidnapped by the evil wizard Leezar (Justin Theroux), the king gives his deadbeat son an ultimatum: Man up and help rescue her or get cut off.
Half-assedly embarking upon his first quest, Thadeous joins Fabious to trek across the perilous outlands and free the princess. Joined by Isabel (Natalie Portman)–an elusive warrior with a dangerous agenda of her own–the brothers must vanquish horrific creatures and traitorous knights before they can reach Belladonna. If Thadeous can find his inner hero, he can help his brother prevent the destruction of his land. Stay a slacker, and not only does he die a coward, he gets front row seats to the dawn of an all-new Dark Age.
Then in March, Franco will begin work on Danny Boyle’s 127 Hours. This is the true story of Aron Ralston, the mountain climber who amputated his own arm to free himself after being trapped by a boulder for nearly five days.
Simon Beaufoy write the script that apparantly has no dialogue for the first hour of the story.
Which one of the two would you rather watch?
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged: Danny Boyle, Danny McBride, David Gordon Green, James Franco, Justin Theroux, Natalie Portman, news, Photo, Your Highness, Zooey Deschanel | 1 Comment »
Posted by LiveFor on June 2, 2009
- When asked about Zack Snyder’s Sucker Punch, which stars Vanessa Hudgens as a supporting character named Blondie, Zac Efron admitted he wants in, too. “I think it’s an all-girl movie,” he told E! Online.
- Halle Berry is in talks to star in the thriller The Surrogate for 20th Century Fox says The Hollywood Reporter. Based on the 2004 book by Kathryn Mackel, the story centers on a couple desperate to have a child who find themselves in an unbearable position when they find out the surrogate they hired to carry their baby is insane. Berry would play the wife who wants to have the child and the studio is apparently keen to have her involved but no formal arrangements or meetings have yet been made.
- Sony Pictures has picked up Swift, a script described as a reimagining of the Tom Swift adventure novels says Variety. This new version would feature Swift as one-half of a father-son team who are among the greatest inventors of all time. The character first appeared in a series of books that launched in 1910. Barry Sonnenfeld will direct.
- Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson has joined the cast of the police corruption drama Caught in the Crossfire says Variety. The drama concerns two homicide detectives who find themselves caught in the crossfire of a gang-related homicide and a group of dirty cops. Jackson plays a gang-banger who becomes a reluctant informant. Chris Klein, Adam Rodriguez and Richard T. Jones also star.
- Michael Shannon (“Revolutionary Road,” “Bug”) is in negotiations for a lead male role in The Runaways for River Road says The Hollywood Reporter. Kristen Stewart will play Joan Jett and Dakota Fanning is on board to play bandmate Cherie Curry in the bioic of the short-lived but highly influential all-female 1970’s rock band.
- Natalie Portman has joined the cast of the comedy Your Highness for Universal Pictures reports Variety. Danny McBride (“Tropic Thunder,” “Land of the Lost”), who wrote the script with Ben Best, plays an arrogant lazy prince who with his brother (James Franco) must complete a quest to save the kingdom and his brother’s fiance. Portman will play a warrior princess that the lazy prince falls in love with.
Discuss in the forum or leave a comment below.
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged: Caught in the Crossfire, news, Sucker Punch, Swift, The Random, The Runaways, The Surrogate, Your Highness | Leave a Comment »
Posted by LiveFor on April 2, 2009
Warner Bros. is in talks with Ellen Page (Juno), Marion Cotillard (Public Enemies) and Cillian Murphy (Batman Begins, 28 Days Later) to join the cast of “Inception,” Christopher Nolan’s latest project which stars Leonardo DiCaprio.
In keeping with most things associated with Nolan’s project, a veil of secrecy exists over loglines, although it is described as a contemporary sci-fi actioner set within “the architecture of the mind.”
However, as the casting process progresses, details are beginning to leak out. DiCaprio’s character is mentioned as a CEO-type, while Cotillard would play his wife. Page is a young college grad student and DiCaprio’s sidekick.
James Franco was in talks to join the project but had to bow out due to a scheduling conflict with Universal’s comedy “Your Highness.” Nolan and the studio are aiming for a summer shoot ahead of a 2010 release.
Leave a comment on this post below.
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged: Christopher nolan, Cillian Murphy, Dicaprio, Ellen Page, Inception, James Franco, Marion Cotillard, news, Sci-fi, Your Highness | 1 Comment »